MASON LACROSSE SEASON
Lacrosse is a spring sport that begins in Feb and typically runs through mid-May. The Mason Lacrosse Club plays against other clubs in the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse. Key dates are below:
September - Registration is open during the month of September for the following spring season.
Nov/Dec/Jan - Optional indoor practices at Wall 2 Wall in Mason (there is an addtional cost for optional indoor practice. Partcipation is highly encouraged)
Feb - Regular season indoor practices begin
Mar thru May - Regular season games begin
Please see the Boys Equipment/Season Info tab for additional information
Teams are formed by grade level, skill and the number of registered players.
Middle School (MS) League Teams (7/8 grade)
- A level teams are competitive MS teams comprised primarily of 8th graders with experience and strong stick skills.
- B level teams are fielded at various levels with players in both grades 7 & 8 (ranging from "recreational/beginning" through "competitive") based on their experience and stick skills for the purpose of continuing to develop and/or challenge their lacrosse skills. B level teams will stress equality of playing time and skill development over competitiveness and comprise primarily of 7th graders.
Youth League Teams (3, 4, 5 and 6th grade)
Instructional Level Teams (grades K, 1 and 2)
- A level teams are competitive teams fielded with players in grades 5 & 6 with experience and stronger stick skills.
- B level teams are fielded with players in grades 5 & 6 by various levels based on their experience and stick skills for the purpose of continuing to both develop and challenge their lacrosse skills.
- C level teams are competitive teams fielded with players in grades 3 & 4 with experience and stronger stick skills.
- D level teams are fielded with players in grades 3 & 4 with little experience and stick skills for the purpose of developing their fundamental lacrosse skills.
Please see tab on home page of website for more details.
CLICK HERE - for Rules of the Game. US Lacrosse boys youth rules follow the boys rules from NFHS with certain exceptions.
2017 rule changes
2016 rule changes
CLICK HERE - to read the US Lacrosse Code of Conduct.
Membership in Mason Lacrosse Club is available to any student (grades K-8) who resides in or attends a school located in the Mason City School District.