MASON LACROSSE SEASON
Lacrosse is a spring sport that begins in February and runs through mid-May. The Mason Lacrosse Club plays against other clubs in the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse. Key dates are below:
September - Registration is open during the month of September for the following spring season
Nov/Dec/Jan - Mason Lacrosse Club offers optional indoor practices at Wall 2 Wall in Mason (there is an addtional cost for these winter indoor practices. Participation is highly encouraged)
February - Regular season indoor practices begin for all registered members
March thru May - Outdoor practices and Regular season games
Please see the "Season Info" and "Girls Equipment Info" pages under Girls INFO for addtional information
Teams are formed by grade level, skill level and the number of registered players. Mason Lacrosse Club does not have tryouts or cuts. All skill levels are welcome to participate.
Middle School (Grades 7/8):
The Mason Middle School girls lacrosse program objective is to prepare all girls to play lacrosse in High School.
- A level teams are competitive MS teams comprised of primarily 8th graders with experience and strong stick skills. Experienced and highly skilled 7th graders may also play on the A team. Equal playtime is not guaranteed.
- B level teams are fielded with players at various skill levels in grades 7 & 8 based on their experience and stick skills (ranging from "recreational/beginning" through "competitive"). MS B teams will stress development over competitiveness and attempt to provide equal playtime.
Youth Teams (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade):
Mason Lacrosse Club evaluates and assigns Youth players to teams based on the following guidelines from the Southern Ohio Youth Girls Lacrosse Association (SOYGLA) Program Rules:
- A level teams are competitive teams fielded with players in grade 5 and 6 that have experience and strong stick skills
- B level teams will comprise of both 5th and 6th grade girls that will provide the opportunity to both develop and challenge their lacrosse skills
- C level teams will becomprised of both 3rd & 4th graders. If enrollment allows, players will be divided up evenly into multiple competitive teams to complete in league play.
Instructional Level Teams (K, 1, and 2):
Please see K/1/2 Instructional Program page under Girls INFO for more information.
CLICK HERE - Rules of the Game (from US Lacrosse)
CLICK HERE - to read the US Lacrosse Code of Conduct.
Membership in Mason Lacrosse Club is available to any student (grades K-8) who resides in or attends a school located in the Mason City School District.